February 24, 2004

a few days ago on the phone...

mom: your father and i will be married for 24 years on tuesday.
me: 24 years?!
mom: well, minus 10.
me: hehe yeah.

i know my mom still has it tough not living with my dad for so long. man, i can't believe it's been 10 years since my dad went to korea while my mom stayed back here with me and simon. i remember the first few years without my dad. it was really hard not having a dad at first. but every year, i got more and more used to it. of course by now, my whole family can get by just fine w/o the dad in the house. i still disagree with my dad's decision to live and work in korea without his family. but i'm not writing this so that you'll pity me or my mom or even my brother. rather, i praise God that He has been so faithful to all of us even through the separation of our father. even though my mother did not have a husband by her side for the past decade, God has continually provided and blessed her in so many ways. if my dad had never gone to korea, i may have never moved to burlingame. if i had never moved to burlingame, i may have never gone to kcpc. i may not have never gone to mills. i may never have ended up at irvine. i may have never gone to cpc...the list goes on. God is sovereign. i praise Him for that.

Thought of the Day: Alice doesn't like anybody.
Song of the Day: Britney Spears-Toxic

No comments: