January 1, 2004

today was new year's so i went to my uncle's place for sehbeh. i really hate going to that place cause my aunts and uncles are really old and i can never pass their annual korean interrogation. but this year, i saw one of my nephews and nieces-nicholas and lauren...6 and 2 years old. lauren's really cute stuff and nicholas talks very comfortably to strangers for his age. it's weird seeing your nephews so big, all talking and crap, especially when the last time you saw them was when they were still crying about pee in their diapers. anyways, i was really saddened when i heard...

nicholas: i don't believe in God anymore.
me: oh why not?
nicholas: my parents believe in Budha. only grandma believes in God. i believed in God for 4 years and now i believe in Budha.
me: ...

at such a young age, they've already begun such a hopeless and sinful life w/o God. well, i shouldn't say "hopeless," but it's such a sad realization.

Thought of the Day: God is sovereign and gracious.
Song of the Day: Elvis Presley-A Little Less Conversation JXL Mix

No comments: