December 20, 2003

simon: is your chinese roommate home?
me: oh derek. no he's not home. he doesn't know how to play hold 'em anyways. he doesn't play anything actually.
danny: yeah, he's a fag.
me: lol. oh yeah, danny hates derek.
danny: no i don't. i just think he's a fag!
me: lol. there isn't a single thing about him that you like.
danny: yeah there is...i like the fact that he's never home!

so apparently, my brother and i arrived in irvine safely. it was a dangerous drive with all the rain and traffic. gosh, i really hate that combo.

i have once again hit an insomniac night with many thoughts on my mind. i've been pretty stressed about money lately cause i just realized that i really won't have much after bills, rent, and retreats. i really should have thought this through. you know, i really hate the fact that the school doesn't tell you when they're going to send out the financial aid money to the students. it would really help in my financial planning after my retreats cause i don't even have a stupid credit card to temporarily aid me. at the same time, i realize that worrying and stressing really won't get me anywhere. my mind keeps echoing Jesus' "Don't Worry" and "You of so little faith..." from Matthew, but my sinful nature keeps poking me about how i'm going to pay for everything when i haven't even included my future payments for gas. i am worried, distressed, and lack faith. all i can do is trust in God's sovereignty and grace, and be patient. oh and yeah, it's alot easier to say than do.

you know what i noticed? every time i've mentioned to someone that i no longer get pimples, my face decides to grow a fresh one! it's like taboo for me to say anything about my face. i feel like as soon as i mention one good word about anything self-facial, i'm as good as stepping on a land mine. "hey, i don't get pimples anymore!" results in plus three on the nose. hmmmm...maybe it was b/c of all of those Milano cookies.

i played alotta Hold 'Em when i was up north. i think i got alot better even though i only played with jonna, B, and my brother. i mean, they don't totally SUCK or anything! i finally undestand why guys enjoy having poker nights and crap. smoking cigars, drinking a few beers, and playing cards. i can see the puzzle pieces finally making a picture. but if i were to have a poker night, i'd minus the beers and add something like pizza. the cigars would make the pizza taste like socks, so we'd just have some soda. ok, so it pretty much looks like cards and some pizza but i still think it'd be fun. =D

do you know what the worst kinds of phones calls are? i think the worst kinds of phone calls are the ones where people call you for somebody else's number. whenever i get these calls, i get very angry...especially if it's from someone i dislike in the first place. but you know when the WORST times are to receive these calls? WHEN YOU'RE ASLEEP! you know, with their stupid "oh hey! were you sleeping? oh i'm sorry, i'll call you later." too late, you already woke me up, bucko! what good reason do you have for calling me at this hour? and as soon as you hear that question about so and so's number, out come the F words. please, do not ever call me for someone else's number...whether i'm asleep OR awake!

i really like the weather down here. i can actually walk around in my apt with just a t-shirt and shorts. i'm flabbergasted about opening windows and i've never been happier w/o my socks. i swear there's some kinda ice machine that's hidden inside my room up north that prevents me from sleeping at a comfortable temperature. i really am a so cal person now. little by little, i cannot tolerate the petty things about up north. it wasn't until this month that i started to become impatient with slow norcal drivers. you can call them "relaxed" or "patient" but if you're a driver that pisses me off, you're considered a bad driver. and yes, bad drivers do not deserve to live.

my words are slowly becoming more and more upset. i'm still not tired but i know my body needs the sleep. i hate insomnia. maybe i should just wake my brother up for fun and pretend i'm asleep. =D

Thought of the Day: NO money MO problems.
Song of the Day: Jimmy Eat World-Last Christmas

No comments: