May 7, 2003

today, i finally got to introduce chang to aaron! i always wanted aaron to meet chang cause you know, i just thought it'd be really interesting to see them interact. so i leave them alone in a room and when i come back, i see aaron reading the Bible. i ask aaron what he learned from chang and he shows me the REAL Revelations that is in b/w the Old and New Testaments. i'm thinking WOW! this is such an amazing thing...why didn't i ever see this? the whole time, chang is playing Smash by himself and i tell him how everyone's all into Smash except for me.

weird dream.

my roommate likes to play this punching game with people whenever he gets the chance. basically, you take turns hitting each other in the arm as hard as you can...kinda like bloody knuckles but you're hitting arms. so just out of the blue late at night last night, he starts bothering and bothering me to play with him. you have to understand that i think this is the stupidest game in the world. i know that he CAN punch and that i definitely do NOT know how to punch. this one time, he played with henry and minh seriously colored that arm black! it was definitely a Kodak moment...man, i regret not taking a picture of that crap. haha.

so just to shut my roommate up, i agree to one punch. he punches me first, which hurt but supposedly was a very bad punch for him. so then it's my turn. i have NO idea how to punch. i've seen people hit pretty well. i've seen people swing like idiots. *shrug* so i try to hit him as hard as possible, but i KNOW i threw that punch like a pansy. i think i hurt myself more than i hurt him.

so here i am now, the idiot who decided to play that stupid game with a jacked up wrist. everytime i turn a doorknob, wipe my butt, or try to climb up onto my bed, i close my eyes tight and clench my teeth with pain. we seriously take all of the smaller body parts for granted, more specifically our wrists. i can't do normal pushups and my hand gets all tight after writing a few words. yeah, you would think that i would start using my left hand to do all the normal stuff. BAH! that left hand better not think it's going to start getting my attention. my stubborn self is going to put my right hand through hell and back!

i've been thinking alot about friendship lately. i find myself totally following the Exchange Theory where a relationship won't last if you give and do not receive. i think we all have set expectations for different people in our lives. when a person doesn't meet up to a standard, you complain or you end the friendship. selfish. for a while now, i've been thinking about why certain people can't just change. why do they have to be like this? why can they NOT be like this? and after learning about meekness in clusters today, my eyes were open to my sinfulness. while i'm judging and asking people to change, i am being a big hypocrite. some people are harder to love than others. but dude, you just gotta be content with what you have and stop complaining. i'm still working on it for sure...i always will be.

yesterday in gospel choir, we learned this new song called A Praying Spirit. man, it's such a good song...pretty slow with some moving lyrics. i so do not regret taking this course at all. i think it's great how we can all sing songs that totally praise God as a course for 2 units! not only is it fun and easy, but you also get to hear some awesome music. and as you're singing these great lyrics, you can't help but think-dude, all these nonchristians are singing praises to God whether they like it or not! i mean God obviously only looks at the heart, but someday these sinful souls will be praising God b/c they really want to! it's gonna be awesome folks.

new 2 mile record: 16:57!

Thought of the Day: Blessed are the meek. For they will inherit the earth.
Song of the Day: YG Family-STP

No comments: