April 3, 2003

these past few days, i've been working out at the arc. pushups, stomach machine things, and 2 miles. i even decided to start using minh's weights to work out my biceps and forearms. pretty cool huh? but don't worry, the last thing you'll be seeing is a buff homo. i'm just trying to stay in some sort of shape and trying to stay away from flabs...not that i don't have them already. i was gonna brag that i've been very consistent (3 days or more), but i missed my workout today cause i went to ccm.

ccm was pretty cool today. once again, met some more people. we all went to Harber House, which is supposed to have some bomb omelettes. *shrug* i was too full to eat anything so i passed on every offer. for dinner, i ate a chicken burger, curly fries, 2 small plates of caesar salad, a bowl of soup, a plate of this rice thing, and a banana. one more bite would have tore my stomach. *phew* but i did have alotta pleasant conversations with laura and becky. 2 juniors. it's so weird cause becky reminds me so much of third year susan. in my eyes, they look alike and i keep telling myself that they act alike too. but i had alotta fun with them.

i also met this one guy who's supposedly hardcore with theological books. i mentioned stuff about apologetics and we started getting all worked about Bahnsen. lol. he was like, "dude, i thought i was the only one! it's so awesome to meet someone else who knows about this stuff too!" haha. it was pretty cool meeting another student so passionate about theology. he'd have a great time with chang for sure!

and finally, i took esther and dykas home. since esther lived in middle earth with me, we had a long walk from parking lot 1B. she's a pretty cool chick cause i feel like we're kinda similar on some levels. like the more we talked, the more we realized that we were both not fobs, but not SUPER americanized either. like we had a good balance you know? i think that's really cool cause i have yet to meet someone who's in the same boat as me. *shrug* but she's a cool chick.

esther: who's dykas?
me: daniel! that's what we call him.
esther: oh really? why?
me: you know, how people call me phykas?
esther: they call you phykas?
me: *sigh*

i hope all these people i'm meeting result in some good friendships. none of this another stupid acquaintance crap. i mean, it's alrite and everything but my list is full!

Thought of the Day: The brain only uses 10% of its resources. Myth.
Song of the Day: Jaci Velasquez-God So Loved The World

No comments: