April 24, 2003

in korean, we paired up to make up this dialogue thing to perform in front of class. so i get paired up with this girl named Joanne. up until today, i thought she was this nice, quiet, studious girl who seemed pretty americanized...you know, just a nice korean girl. but dang, when we were discussing the dialogue...

me: ok, so let's just talk about the performance part and make it up as we go along ok?
joanne: how about we just go over what we're going to talk about?
me: alrite.
(discussing).
me: wait, i'm the actor and you're the girl.
joanne: yeah! so you ask me about the play!
me: but I'M the actor! YOU'RE supposed to ask ME! i think you misunderstood the story.
joanne: (gives me a bad look). no he's not!
me: yes he is.
joanne: prove it!
(i show her).
joanne: oh ok.

dang, she was like this totally different person from what i expected. i guess my dialogue with her makes her appear to be this angry stubborn monster girl. but really, she isn't. i was just shocked to see her this way today. totally not what i expected.

midterm grades:

bio: 22/29...with the curve it'll probably be a B.
psych: 46/60...the garbage teacher doesn't believe in curves.

but these days, i've been walking through Aldrich Park which is the middle part of Irvine. it's this big park with lots of trees and grass. looks VERY nice these days with the awesome sun and blue sky. it totally tells you that it's springtime. i really appreciate it every time i walk through it. it's one of the few things that i take pride in our campus. you know you appreciate something when you just stare and say to yourself, "damn that's beautiful." hehe.

Thought of the Day: Today is a B day.
Song of the Day: The Vines-Get Free

No comments: