April 8, 2003

i had a pretty good day today. here are the reasons....

1. i got to drop my writing class. no problem.

2. brandywine had good salad today.

3. i was able to sell by bio book for its full price.

4. i turned in my fafsa stuff and the lady gave me a one month extension for me to send in my dad's stuff later.

5. i got naruto 26 today.

6. i finished all of my psych. reading. 30 pages on different theories on emotions is tough stuff.

7. i got into gospel choir!

so dykas has been bothering me for a while to join this class cause it's supposed to be really fun and an easy A. i was pretty reluctant at first mainly b/c i was lazy and i didn't want to go to class from 7-10 at night every monday. however, since alotta other people were taking it and i also heard that it's such a fun class, i gave it a try. man, so many people! our teacher is obviously black and fudge can that man sing! he's definitely talented in music as he teaches us how to sing as he plays the piano and sings along with us. man, he's so amazing! he knows how all the altos and sopranos and tenors and basses are supposed to sing. but not only is he talanted but he's also really nice and funny. remember, i have a thing for big fat black guys. haha. he kinda reminds me of Cedrick the Entertainer but a christian version. "oh LoooOOORRD!" lol. and dang, he makes our crappy voices sound so good as we all sing our parts together. we really DO sound angelic and actually DO sound somewhat like a gospel choir. i seriously now have a strong appreciation for gospel choir music. i never did understand what was so great about it but after tonight, i feel that it's like "REAL" praise. and yeah, you totally understand why those black choirs sway left and right, clap their hands, and smile with their loud voices. you totally get into it. Phil gives it two thumbs up!

afterwards, i seriously worked my body OUT! my usual work out PLUS an hour of some intense basketball. i played alrite today but man, my shot's been pissing me off alot these days. i don't know what it is. ever since spring break, NOTHING'S been going in. i'm sure dykas notices the change in my game too cause i play with him almost all the time. argh! HOWEVER, the exercise was really good. totally sweated out gallons onto my shirt and believe me, it's no thing to be proud of. well, except for the fact that i exercised like no other. i'm just thankful that i didn't pull my right calve. ALMOST, but not quite. my eighth reason for having a good day.

random:

(bio).

teacher: now, if a normal person were to see a fly and a tree, what kind of connection would he make?
student: they're both living things.
teacher: yes, that works. well, this one time i had a schizophrenic patient and i asked him the same thing. he told me, "well, flies live around trees and they have thousands of eyes...but they're all staring at me.
me: what the...

Thought of the Day: "Glory Glory...Hallelujah!"
Song of the Day: Nicole Nordeman-Holy

No comments: