January 26, 2003

today, everyone was getting ready getting ready to surprise me for my birthday. i had no idea they remembered, but something seemed a little different today. i would hear little chit chats about surprising me here and there so i was kinda expecting something kinda cool today. but i was really tired so i took a nap in the evening. then i received a phone call...

me: hello?
lori: hello?! phil!
me: (dazed). hello?
lori: it's me! do you know who this is?
me: oh, hey connie.
lori: oh, were you sleeping?
me: yeah.
lori: oh, i'm so sorry! i always call people when they're sleeping.
me: it's ok, i needed to get up anyways.
lori: yeah, i was just calling to let you know i was in irvine!
(1 min. later)...
lori: ok phil, i'm going to let you go.
me: ok, bye.

it didn't take me too long to realize that it wasn't my birthday today. i thought she was going to call me to somehow surprise me with everyone, but everything before the phone call was just a dream! it was such a disappointing realization.

today was Super Bowl Sunday. man, what a super crappy sunday it turned out to be though. oh the results of only getting 5 hours of sleep and 1 hour of sleep the night before. service was tough. Thai BBQ was ok. but after some debate, i decided to watch the Super Bowl at phil's place instead of coming home early and sleeping. that was the worst Super Bowl i've ever seen in my life. Raiders sucked pretty hard today. the least ABC could've done was give us some fairly entertaining commercials, not including the movie previews. man, even Gwen Stefani's live performance was crap. surprisingly, the highlight of my day was the nap i just woke up to, mentioned above. man, i need to wake up completely and stop writing "just awoken" thoughts.

Thought of the Day: *yawn*
Song of the Day: Bowling For Soup-Girl All The Bad Guys Want

No comments: