December 27, 2002

my brother took his braces off yesterday and is now wearing retainers. man, that evokes alotta memories of when i used to wear braces. when i was 6-8, all of my friends were getting braces and it was supposed to be a really big deal...a cool thing in fact. haha. i was so excited when i got braces for the first time at the age of 6. i got my first retainer at 7. after two years of perfect teeth, all of my baby teeth were replaced with new UGLY permanent teeth. so when i was 10, i got braces again. this time, braces were NOT so cool. the next year and a half consisted of poking wires, intense rubber band patterns, and an occasional bloody mouth.

one really bad memory:

so 2 days after i got my braces, my school was going to Outdoor Ed. my teeth were still hurting ALOT and my wire was already beginning to come out of place, constantly poking my cheek. so i basically had trouble eating anything except for things like soup and water. in 5th grade, Bagel Bites were a big deal among all of the students. if your mom packed you Bagel Bites for lunch, you were the most popular kid for the next 40 minutes. you can trade it for almost anything...chips, candy, pencils, homework, toys, etc.. it was like gold to all of us! so one of my friends brings a whole bunch of bagel bites for lunch and everyone's asking away. i don't remember how i ended up getting one, but i do remember it was the most unpleasant eating experience i've ever had in my life. everytime i chewed, my teeth felt like they were going to break. my mouth was in agony and i was trying to fight back the tears, somehow trying to find whatever pleasure there was left in eating this curse. THEN all of a sudden, i hear a snap. A CRUNCH! oh my, so much pain! i was so scared to find out what happened, so i just swallowed everything that was in my mouth. later, i went to the bathroom and looked at my teeth in the mirror. a good centimeter of my top wire was missing!!! so basically, one bagel bite had caused me to break my braces and even eat a piece of it. yummy. i never ate a Bagel Bite again.

i'm so happy i finished all my orthodontics before high school.

last night, i went out with moe, olivia, cj, and seung-bae. i really didn't feel like going to noraebang, but justin was the driver so we had to go where he wanted to go. freakin' bastard. make all of us go to the bank to take out money. even though i finally got to hear Olivia sing her heart out, that was the worst noraebang experience i've ever had in my life. then we go to Denny's and call it a night. it was really fun hanging out with them in the beginning, but things just got really crappy in the end. i am so serious, Friend don't let friends hang out with Justin!

today, my mom's friends left for korea. i'm pretty happy that they're finally gone. i can now use the bathroom whenever i want, watch tv downstairs, and pee with the door open. *giggle* but i know my mom's really sad that they're gone. they were like her only friends. i KNOW she enjoyed their company so much. it's kinda like that feeling when you're in korea for vacation and it's time to go. korea was just so much fun and now it's back to crappy ol' America. *shrug*

Thought of the Day: Not chubby, but FAT!
Song of the Day: DJ Quiksilver-Planet Love

No comments: