August 15, 2002

monday:

what a bummer. in-gyu went to work and couldn't get out of it. i was stuck home, watching korean music videos for a good 3 hours. the first hour was entertaining. the second hour was getting to me. the third hour was just a very sad and unhappy hour. before my dad dropped me off at my cousin's place, we had like our first official serious talk. i forget how it started and my memory's still a bit sketchy. but it was cool.

as soon as i got to my cousin's place, we went to this gym to go play some basketball. man, that was a very energetic and fun time. i was actually playing pretty well that day. i was one sweaty, aggressive monster. but as soon as we finished, it started raining again. then of course, my fragile body caught another cold. another stupid cold that came and gone.

we watched another korean movie, pretty funny stuff. i didn't understand 75% of the dialogue but the i thought the other 25% was great. man, korean people are freakin' funny. their humor and american humor is different in so many perspectives.

tuesday:

i buy another pair of shoes. 63,500 won. good stuff. so tuesday was the last day i was going to see in-gyu's family. the mom gave me 100,000 won and simon 50,000. man, so generous. then we go eat gal-bee with my mom's cousin. *drool* great stuff. blah blah blah. you know the story. before we say goodbye, the lady gives me and simon 100,000 each! my wallet is starting to tear! so many bills bills bills! my cousins and i go to Coex Mall, a REALLY big underground mall. i think it's quite impressive. very futuristic and crap. as much as i wanted to spend money, i just ended up buying a comb for one of my girl cousins. shopping will have to wait. another night at the noraebang. blah blah blah.

wednesday:

my cousin, james, wanted to take me out to lunch so went to this chinese restaurant. it was weird seeing him again. it's always weird seeing him again. he got alot skinnier. we started talking about college and future and stuff. yeahyeahyeah, lots of bs conversation. but the part that i thought was most interesting was when he told me about his older brother:

james: so my brother took an IQ test recently. he scored 177.
me: woah.
james: he's an "ultra-genius." they have different levels for different iq's. there's normal, very smart, genius, super genius, ultra-genius, and unrecordable. my brother's an "ultra-genius."
me: woah.

i never knew my other cousin was that smart. i mean, i heard he was smart and everything but i just thought that meant he studied really hard just like any other korean. but no, this guy was a weirdo the whole time. i think that would explain alotta things about him. you see, this cousin of mine isn't exactly the nicest, most patient, and comfortable person to be around. he's a bastard. he's worse than james, the cousin who used to torture me for fun. but yeah, pretty interesting huh?

so afterwards, i receive more money. 50,000 won for me and my brother. ironic how out of all the people who gave me money, the richest bastard gave us the least. no matter, i was one loaded dude. *giggle*

i had to lie to my cousin that i was busy cause he wanted to spend some time with me (alone). so i had to lie (sorry, chose to). i told him i was going to a baseball game with my cousins and that i was going to the Soccer Allstar Game tomorrow (which i really was (my cousin's friend couldn't make it so we couldn't get tickets)). so it wasn't like he couldn't force me to stay even though i could see the thought in his face. so we escaped and finally got to my dad's pc bang. i got a new pair of glasses. pretty nice and cheap. 30,000 won! it only took me like 5 min. to check my eyes out. i got my glasses right on the spot. no prescription crap. no waiting for 10 days. just wham bam glasses man! haha. i'm so stupid.

then i went to the hair salon and got my hair high lighted again b/c i wasn't satisfied with the first time. it took pretty long but it was definitely worth the price, 12,000 won...with a free haircut of course. i was kinda unhappy with my designer cause he made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

guy: you're not from korea are you?
me: nope.
guy: are those your friends over their?
me: no, those are my cousins.
me: oh, you probably don't have too many friends over here huh?
me: um...no.

me: can you just cut the sides and the back?
guy: no. that'll look weird. how about i don't cut the sides, i just cut a little in the back, and you grow this part out and raise it up?
me: *sigh* ok.

however, it all turned out fine. not a bad cut. satisfied highlights. and of course, 12,000 won. man, that's like cheaper than some of the dyes in america!

for dinner, we went back to Kim Gah Neh. *drool* this time we all had ramen and "mot-nah-eeh-kim-bap," which translates to ugly sushi. haha. my cousin called it "simon sushi." after a very satisfied dinner, i went to go buy a pair of windbreakers. we came to this one store, which was the only place that had long windbreakers, and tried to bargain with the lady. the original price was 28,000 won. we wanted 23,000 won. they wanted 24,000. we argued and argued but they just wouldn't. my cousin was really stubborn too. got all red and crap. kinda funny. but we left. we came back cause everywhere else sucked. it was such a pride-killer though, going back feeling all inferior and stupid. my cousin couldn't even go back. it just wouldn't be right. haha. but i got the pants for 24,000. satisfied.

the night was concluded with pool and bowling. no more nackyu for who knows how long?

today:

we go to Tech Mart, a 7 floor mall in korea. pretty nice. not bad at all. i bought a whole buncha pens, a cd holding thingy, some magazines, blank cds, cd cases, and an air freshener for my uncle's b-day. man, so so cheap! for lunch, my 4th uncle bought us gal-bee-tang. *drool* great stuff. he gave the common advice about college. study study study. it's funny though cause EVERYONE always mentions that it's going to be hard for simon cause i'll be gone. perhaps it's a big deal. but i think simon can care less. *shrug* doesn't really seem to have any concern. *shrug*

i buy another cd and go to grandma's to burn a mix with their nice computer. we go home and give my uncle the air freshener. it was funny cause i know he was happy and he was still trying to find something to complain about. haha. that guy.

uncle: why'd you buy this? you don't even have any money!
me: it'll make your call smell good.
uncle: (mumbles something).
me: what?
uncle: GO UPSTAIRS!

yeah, he's one of those guys who always end each sentence with "jah-sheek-ah!" or "eeh-saeeki-ya!"

one of my girl cousins bought us all some neng-myun, which i am not too fond of. after dinner, we went bowling. after bowling, we went home and sang happy b-day. after that, we played with some firecrackers cause they're really cheap and legal. not as fun as we expected. basically threw away 20,000 won for 5 min. of weak lights. and now, i'm here pc banging with two of my cousins. i find it so funny how my girl cousin wants to play starcraft with my brother so much. she's like 24 and yet she's so immature. gosh, girls playing computer games. full of them in korea!

so i'm coming home tomorrow. sucks. smell you guys soon!!!

girl in red: happy b-day!

Thought of the Day: 3 weeks went by so fast.
Song of the Day: Jadu-Euak Seh

No comments: