July 2, 2002

yesterday at work, i got a chance to work with Beth, a short filipino lady who looks older than my mom. the first time you meet her, you can't help but assume that this lady hasn't slept in days. her eyes always look tired, she rarely smiles, and she talks in a pretty low tone. but after working with her yesterday, i got to slip in a few conversations with her.

me: so what do you do for fun?
beth: nothing. sleep and watch movies.
me: uh. i see. well, why don't you do anything else?
beth: everything's boring. i used to go clubbing every single weekend for a long time. i just recently stopped this year. i started clubbing when i turned 21.
me: oh. so how old are you now?
beth: 27.
me: *ahem* oh. that's a long time.
beth: yes.

beth: yeah, i love japanese food.
me: yeah, you should go to Todai's. it's all you can eat japanese food!
beth: oh really? but those "eat all you can" places are too expensive!
me: (cracking up inside). yeah, i know.

that sounded so funny. "eat all you can." it almost sounds like a command!

during my break, i passed by Wetzel's and the manager saw me walking by. she waved me over to come and talk to her. as we were talking, all these customers started lining up. then when it was down to one customer, the manager pointed at the customer and me. and i back off showing that i didn't want a pretzel. then i look at the customer and it's MELODY! melody used to work with me at Wetzel's, a very unstable girl who has random emotional outbursts. she was wearing this colorful shirt and had pink hair. man, what a freakin' coincidence! the last time i saw her, she was working at Journey's and yelling F You! at a buncha teenagers for knocking over a whole buncha shoes. psycho fa sho! i can't say i enjoy her company but it wasn't bad seeing her again.

i'm going to bed earliest 2. waking up earliest 12. don't call me b/w these hours! (you know who you are!).

Thought of the Day: Cookies, cookies, and even MORE cookies! ahhhhhhh!
Song of the Day: 1tym-One Love *saranghae* (lol)

No comments: