July 12, 2002

ok, i finally have some good...no, GREAT news about my life. I'M GOING TO KOREA!!! i know i was planning on not going cause i needed to work/save money and stuff but these past few days, i've been doing alotta reflecting about my summer. i basically work every single day except for sunday. i don't go out. i don't play. i simply just work and play chess with simon. that's it. and like i said before, i have been overwhelmed with bitterness. work sucks amen? anyways, i was just thinking about korea and why i decided not to go in the first place. i basically came up with the same list as before-save money for college. then i started thinking about the flipside-why i SHOULD go to korea. the last time i saw my dad was february 2001. that's exactly 1 year and 6 months. i thought about the next time i would see him/korea again. there was no realistic future date that i could point to. i mean, if i can't go to korea my summer right after high school, how in the world am i going to be able to go to korea in my college summers? i know my dad really wanted to see me. it must be tough, working too many hours in a failing business and not being able to see your beloved sons in over a year. i also thought about my whole summer in general. basically, it's turning out to be the worst one ever. i know that money is a factor, but i knew it'd be cheaper if simon and i went...compared to my dad coming here for like one week. soooooo, i talked to my mom about it and she said she'd talk to my dad about it. the other night, my dad was totally YES! i'm planning on going sometime after my Irvine trip. it'll be the best 2-3 weeks of my summer!

so the night i found out, i wasn't able to sleep for the longest time. i went to bed around 2. i didn't fall asleep til 4:30. for approximately 2 1/2 hours, i couldn't stop thinking about korea. i struggled with thoughts of cousins, trips, gifts, girls (ehehehehehhe), and the indescribable food (praise God!). it just hit me that i was forced to bury my love for korea for a long time. i can't describe how much i love going to that country. i seriously have the greatest time stress-free fa sho! and finally, after 2 years, i get to go back again. my repressed excitement has finally been released. man, LA is NOTHING compared to korea. ugh, i can go on and on. but don't worry, i'll be back in time for the retreat. can't miss that for the world.

Thought of the Day: "DAE-HAN-MIN-GOOK!"
Song of the Day: Perry-Get Ready (for korea!)

No comments: